Remember when we were in school back in the day? We could play outside from sun-up until way past sun-down. Our parents could step outside on the front porch, scream our name and we could hear them half a mile away. We could go to a friends house after school and spend the next three days and nights there and as long as we called once a day to check in, they knew we were alright. Summers were spent running from one house to another, sucking on ice pops, racing through the sprinklers and making a mad dash after the ice cream man. Sleeping outside on the trampoline or setting up the tents in the backyard and doing everything we could to scare our friends.
I have been sitting here in my office, staring out the window and thinking back to being a kid, no worries except for school and the fear that something would happen to my parents. I saw that fear in my son's eyes the other night. The thought of something happening to my husband or myself or even his sister. Just thinking about it can bring him to tears, I never thought I would ever be in the position where a child was scared of losing me.....some days being a parent is the best and the suckiest thing in the entire world.
No comments:
Post a Comment