So what does a parent do when they get that infamous phone call???
*Ring, Ring, Ring*
Me: Hello
Tori: Hi Mommy
Me: Hi Baby, what's wrong?
Tori: I got caught looking at my words during my spelling test.
Me: You what?! You were cheating?
Tori: No, I wasn't cheating, I was looking at my words.
Me: Sorry to tell you this darling but looking at the answers during a test is cheating.
Tori: Please don't tell Daddy and Liz!
Me: Well I understand how you feel but I am going to tell your dad and Liz and the three of us are going to sit down with you about this
Tori: *Mumbles something under her breath*
Me: Excuse me?????
Tori: But I'm sorry and I apologized to Mrs. Nelson
Me: I appreciate that but you are still in trouble and there is no way to get out of this one. I have to go but I will talk to you later. Tori, I love you.
Tori: I love you too...click
So now that her dad and step-mom have been educated about what happened and I have spoken with her teacher what do I do? You can bet your ass anything fun that she had in her room will be gone by the time she gets home on Sunday but is that it? How do I get her to really understand that what she did was wrong, that cheaters NEVER prosper and that she has to deal with the consequences of her actions? All I can see is one hell of a stress inducing week next week when she has to come home every day and go straight to her bedroom. Pray for me, please.
No comments:
Post a Comment