Countdown
14 days and counting........Halloween Day Colton will be 6 years old. I am excited and sad at the same time. As far as age goes he will officially be leaving his little boy years behind and offically be entering his young lad years. I can't believe it, 6 years old, my little man is growing leaps and bounds and now that he is in kindergarten it is happening even quicker. He has such a thirst for knowledge, he loves school, always asks questions so that he can soak up more information. He is constantly moving, there is no down time for him. To get him to sit still without doing something is torture. He has recently decided that when we go to the library that he doesn't want to get picture books but big chapter books like Tori reads. We have told him time and time again that he can't read but he doesn't believe us. You will walk into the living room and there he will be sitting on the couch with his book open (upside down) just chattering away. If you ask him what the book is about he will then make up a story based on the art work on the cover. The imagination he has is mind boggling. I have only ever known one other person born on Halloween, my best friend James. We grew up together, got into trouble together and along with his family we watched him go off to Iraq not once, but three times. When we were little I would tell him that when I grew up I was going to have a son and he would be born on Halloween (as a kid I just thought it was cool to have a Halloween birthday). But then it happened I got pregnant, found out it was a boy and then proceeded to win $50.00 from Doctor Hansen because even though my due date was the middle of November, I told him this little boy would come on Halloween and he did at 1:57 am via emergency c-section. As he has grown I have realized why I feel so familiar with him, it's like watching James grow up all over again. The bumps, bruises, stitches, absolutely no fear at all. Tori is my angel and Colton, well he is my right hand. Without the two of them I honestly don't know how I would navigate this big and scarey world.
No comments:
Post a Comment